Monday, December 15, 2008

rambling..

Have you ever had one of those days where you wake up in the morning and ask yourself," where do I start?" I'm so bad at getting overwhelmed with all the things I need to do for that day that I just want to give up before I even begin..So this is where I need your help. I need advice on how to organize my life! I've tried to do the daily tasks, I've made myself lists, and I've just waited until the kids are in bed and knocked it all out in a couple hours...None of them have really stuck. These days Nolan is a little tornado that is dragging things all over the house while finding other things to get out on his way, laundry is piling up constantly and the dishes in the sick are never ending. This totally sounds like I'm complaining, but really...ok fine I'm complaining. Alright all you supermoms!!! Tell me what works for you!

4 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Why on EARTH am I the first one to respond? Seriously, I'm in the SAME boat. But I did try something for the last 2 days (friday and today, weekends don't count) that seemed to help. I set my alarm for 6am and got up and was showered and dressed before Anthony left for work. This got me going and kept me from lounging on the couch all morning. I also swear by a list. Each week I write out each day and plan my week. Of course it NEVER goes as planned but at least I have a plan of how to accomplish things and then I adjust when necessary. Sometimes this can add to my bad week though when I look at it and see how much I DIDN'T get done!

Hagberg said...

I say welcome to the club Honey! The best advice is to "Breath"!! It isn't the wnd of the world if there are toys laying around or laundry that needs folding! Most of the time I get all my cleaning done right before someone comes over!But you know what has helped me a lot, is not going to bed to a dirty house. As long as everything is clean when you go to bed, it will be clean when you wake, and that is a great feeling. As far as laundry....that will never be truly done.

Vaughn said...

Okay, I am not a mommy, but I do have a crazy busy life with nursing school, and I get super anal about getting things done, I finally realized with help from my sister who is a mommy, that it's okay if I don't. My best advice is to just let some things go, cause it's okay if you don't get it all done today or tomorrow. Just be satisfied with the stuff you do get done, and let the other stuff go. Hope this helps. :)

sara e.a.* said...

okay, i'm SERIOUSLY not in you caliber of wifehood, and DEFINITELY not mommyhood. but, one thing that i do every night when i'm at that point where i've already done a ton and there's still a ton left to do...i look at burke and say, (something to the effect of), "well, i did a good job on the kitchen huh? i'll have to tackle that laundry tomorrow." and, he always gives me so much affirmation that i'm able to let the rest go until i get up the next day.

the other thing that has helped me lately is that i got a new filofax, and it's the cutest thing ever!!! i love whipping it out and writing everything down, and then checking off things periodically through out my day.

but, seriously, my face, you're freaking amazing. you're my favorite mommy EVER. and, nolan can only be a toddler for so long. :)